Sunday, August 3, 2008

My legend: Nagesh Subhray Naik

It was a sad day for me. My grandfather breathed his last on August 3 2008, 8.30 am. All these 29 years I have looked at him as an inspiration. Everyone feared my grandfather who is regarded the best of the teachers in his era. He was 81 years.

I myself have undergone a lot of grief in the past years in both personal and professional life. Still today at 9 am I saw his body, there was something that told me that grief is a passing affair. My grandpa is a legend and the folklore will have him as intelligent man who was very disciplined and has erected education in many careers during his stint in the Anandsharam High School, Bankikodla.

My grandpa's ancestral home is in Hanehalli , the twin of Bankikodla, a gorgeous place near the historical religious town of Gokarna beside the Arabian sea and the Gangavalli river. In his last two years , he was at Holy Spirit, Old Age Home near Meenakshi temple, Bannerghatta road. He is survived by 5 children.

-- Tributes to my legend -- VN , Grandson

No comments: