Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Randy Pausch quotes

Randy Pausch quotes

Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

Be willing to apologize. Proper apologies have three parts: 1 ) What I did was wrong. 2 ) I’m sorry that I hurt you. 3 ) How do I make it better? It’s the third part that people tend to forget…. Apologize when you screw up and focus on other people, not on yourself.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted…. I probably got more from that dream [of playing professional football] and not accomplishing it than I got from any of the ones that I did accomplish.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

The best piece of parenting advice I’ve ever heard is from flight attendants. If things get really tough, grab your own oxygen mask first.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

Be good at something; it makes you valuable…. Have something to bring to the table, because that will make you more welcome.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

We can’t change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. If I’m not as depressed as you think I should be, I’m sorry to disappoint you.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

Be willing to apologize. Proper apologies have three parts: 1) What I did was wrong. 2) I’m sorry that I hurt you. 3) How do I make it better? It’s the third part that people tend to forget…. Apologize when you screw up and focus on other people, not on yourself.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

When you are doing something badly and no one’s bothering to tell you anymore, that’s a very bad place to be. Your critics are the ones still telling you they love you and care.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

It is not about achieving your dreams but living your life. If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself, the dreams will come to you.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

I’ve never understood pity and self-pity as an emotion. We have a finite amount of time. Whether short or long, it doesn’t matter. Life is to be lived.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

No one is pure evil. Find the best in everybody. Wait long enough and people will surprise and impress you.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

It’s very important to know when you are in a pissing match and it’s very important to get out of it as quickly as possible.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

The best gift an educator can give is to get somebody to become self reflective.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

If your kids want to paint their bedrooms, as a favor to me, let ‘em do it.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

If you are going to do anything that is pioneering you will get those arrows in your back
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

I now believe that Wikipedia is a perfectly fine source for your information, because I know what the quality control is for real encyclopedias.
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

It’s really cool to meet your boyhood idol, But it’s even cooler when he comes to you to see what cool stuff you’re doing. (Speaking of meeting William Shatner)
- Randy Pausch ( 1960-2008 )

No comments: